Brazil was the first government in South America to implement a Digital Nomad Visa, which became effective on February 24, 2022. You may now go, work remotely, and enjoy this interesting destination, which offers amazing food, beaches, nightlife, a carnival, and a rainforest. In Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Proto Alegre, Recife, or Florianópolis, have a good time. Brazil, the South American superpower, is waiting to be discovered by digital nomads seeking spiritual nourishment.
Bringing in Digital Nomads is one of Brazil’s strategies for reviving its economy, which has been devastated by the Covid-19 pandemic. Digital nomads will bring in valuable skills and spend much-needed funds.
What Are the Requirements for a Digital Nomad Visa in Brazil?
You must apply for the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa at a Brazilian embassy or consulate, and you must meet the following requirements:
- Valid passport or other documents that prove your identity and nationality, under the terms of the treaties to which the Country is a party.
- Health insurance that has coverage for Brazil
- Proof of payment of visa fees
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of means of transport to Brazil
- Criminal record certificate issued by the country of origin or, at the secretion of the consular authority and in accordance with the peculiarities of the country where the visa was requested, an equivalent document
- Documents proving the status of a digital nomad. This can be a contract of an overseas employer or in case of self-employment a business that is incorporated overseas.
- Declaration attesting to carry out professional activities remotely, through information and communication technologies.
What are the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa Income Requirements?
The Brazil Digital Nomad visa requires a minimum monthly income of US$1500. You can also present a bank deposit of at least $18,000 as an alternative. We’re assuming this is for a single applicant. It’s unclear what the standards are for married couples or families with children.
What are the Covid-19 Rules?
Visitors must be completely vaccinated as of February 20, 2022, according to the Covid-19 standards. You must also bring a Covid test that is negative. You must submit a completed Health Affidavit Form (DSV), which you may get here: formulario.anvisa.gov.br.
What Are the Fees for a Digital Nomad Visa in Brazil?
The fees have yet to be determined. We also don’t know if there are any packages available for couples or families.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Digital Nomad Visa in Brazil?
We anticipate that the digital nomad visa will take 3 to 4 weeks to process, especially because the program is new.
How Long Can I Stay in Brazil With My Digital Nomad Visa?
The Brazil Digital Nomad visa allows you to stay and work remotely for 12 months, and it can be renewed for another 12 months, allowing you to stay for a total of 24 months.
Are There Any Tax Benefits to Having a Digital Nomad Visa in Brazil?
It is still unknown whether the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa comes with any tax benefits. We’ll keep you informed.