Image: Canada Government
If you live in a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will almost certainly need a work permit. However, there are specific circumstances in which you may be excused from the work permit, as follows:
- Own a permanent residence permit,
- Own a work permit specified for the job as a researcher,
- Have a residence permit for your studies,
- Are an EU resident,
- You are a refugee seeker and own an AT-Und. You will be free from the strictness to hold a work permit.
Work permit eligibility criteria:
You must meet certain requirements in order to obtain a work permit. The most basic criterion is that you work only one job. If you plan to work two or more jobs, you will be ineligible for the permit. Regardless of these factors, a work permit is required:
If you are planning to work in Sweden, then must go through these instructions:
- Flytta is a digital service with a handbook that provides help for your migration to Sweden as well as details about Swedish society. You must have a visit to this place,
- Employment in Sweden is governed by unique laws for certain professions and nationals of certain countries,
- Certain jobs are allowed to work in Sweden without a permit for a short period of time.
- The job you have in Swede or in abroad,
- Offered a job by an agency which will give you resources to a company in Sweden,
- You have shifted to a company in Sweden.
To get a work permit, you must have:
- A job offer from a company in Sweden,
- A workable passport,
- Offered the conditions of the job that are organized by Swedish agreements. Alternatively, these must be acceptable within the company or industry,
- Offered the gross pay that is organized by Swedish agreements or must be acceptable within the company,
- Your salary must be enough to support yourself. The minimum criteria for it are SEK 13,000 should be your gross pay without taxes,
- Have an employer who will assure you to give pension, medical, and life insurance.
Criteria for the job for less than 3 months
If the duration of your job is less than 3 months, then you must have:
- Work permit,
- A visa.
To get your name registered in the Swedish population register, you must have:
Permit for the minimum duration of 1 year,
Residency in Sweden for a minimum of 1 year.
The significance of registering
Registration of the name in the Swedish population register is required. The rationale for this is that you can easily enjoy the same social rights and amenities as the state’s inhabitants.
You will not be registered in the Swedish population register if you hold a permit that is valid for less than a year. In this situation, you’ll need insurance to protect yourself in the event of an illness or an accident.